India, 10 September 2015 – Microdia Corp., a world leader in flash memory technologies, announces today that it has inked a direct business partnership agreement with Snapdeal, the largest e-tailer in India to supply its complete range of products to Snapdeal through Microdia’s local official distributors in India. The estimated sales revenues for this business partnership will be over USD 2.6 billions over the next 3 years.
Microdia is fully committed to the Indian market for the long term. A representative office has been set up in New Delhi. To capture the vast business opportunities in the country and help create jobs for the local population as a socially responsible corporation, Microdia expects to commit further investment in a manufacturing plant in India in 2016/2017 to produce most of its products in India for local consumption.
With millions of users and 150,000 sellers, Snapdeal is India’s largest online marketplace and the award-winning shopping destination for internet users across the country, delivering to 5000+ cities and towns in India. Ever since its inception in 2010 and its subsequent major expansion in 2011, Snapdeal is the fastest growing e-commerce company in India with gross sales over USD 3 billion annually. Microdia is excited to team up with Snapdeal for moving forward with the extensive flash memory card portfolio, covering both the professional photography and mobile devices market segments, and target to outpace the growth of local flash memory storage market in India.
With technological advancements and digital revolution in the country, the Indian consumer electronics industry has made rapid strides. The consumer electronics industry has seen entry of many local and multinational players into the market and introduction of various innovative products over the past few years. According to reputable market researchers, fueled by an increase in household income, rising awareness of the benefits of technologies among consumers, insatiable thirst for acquiring latest gadgets and lowered price brought by localization of manufacturing, the Indian consumer electronics market is growing at a CAGR of more than 17% in the last 3 years. Smart devices, in particular smartphone and table are the top performing segments in the market. These segments are witnessing a huge demand and seeing rapid innovations.
Products to be supplied to Snapdeal include Microdia’s complete range of data storage media products, portable storage, OTG products for Apple & Android smartphones, mobile phone accessories, Apple accessories, phablets, smartphones, and many more. Below is a glimpse of what is coming to India.
mplus™ Smartphones and tablets series
- mplus One C smartphone – Crossover between technological Microdia and luxurious Atelier Swarovski
- mplus One smartphone – Bezeless 5.8mm slender maiden
- mplus phablet- The incarnation of ultimate endurance, powered by a 4000mAh battery jam-packed in its 8mm thinness.
- mplus tablet – 10.1″ Windows 8.1 powerhouse with Intel inside
- mplus tablet – 10.1″ Android beauty with Super HD 2560 x 1600
Latest SD4.0 SDXC 256GB microSD and SD flash memory cards
– empowered by the new SD4.0 specification and Microdia’s advanced technologies, the read/write speeds can reach a blazing 300MBps, ideal for RAW images and 4K videos.
World’s smallest external SSD
– up to 1TB of capacity and Windows-To-Go pre-installed, jam-packed in a metallic casing smaller than your palm, making it the perfect complement for all types of travellers.
World’s 1st OTG USB Type-C Flash Drive/Card-Reader hybrid
– deceivingly sized as an ordinary flash drive and Type-C ready, ideal for the latest Apple MacBook, Google Chromebook Pixel 2 and the next generation devices.
OTG Lightning USB Flash Drive with Data Encryption
– designed for iOS™ devices with dual-layer data encryption to expand and protect your data storage.
Complete USB Type-C Solution
– an extensive selection of computing and mobile accessories to connect your existing USB-enabled accessories to the new, unifying USB Type-C port.
For more details, http://www.snapdeal.com
“Microdia is fully committed to the Indian flash memory market for the long term. We will continue to drive growth and innovation to expand our business across the wireless application, smart mobility of devices and into the ecosystem of storage, design and other applications that make up the flash memory market,” says Mr. Louis Leung, CEO of Microdia Limited. “Snapdeal has a strong track record in terms of performance and growth in the distribution networking space. We look forward to a successful relationship with Snapdeal .”
About Microdia Corp
Microdia is a global leader in ﬂash memory technologies and the world’s 2nd largest (in terms of production global capacity) manufacturer of flash memory cards. With its heavy emphasis on R&D, Microdia leads the way in bringing the latest and most advanced ﬂash memory technology to market ahead of the competition. Since its inception in 1991 as a magnetic data storage media manufacturer, Microdia has earned a reputation for quality, reliability and technical excellence. Today, the company provides a full range of Flash Memory Data Storage Solutions, Portable Multimedia Devices and Wireless Connectivity Solutions. Microdia’s global coverage extends to many corners of the world and continues to penetrate existing markets and expand into new territories.